Helpful Visit Information
Santa’s Workshop/North Pole is located at the foot of Pikes Peak. Our altitude is 7500 feet and we are situated on the side of Pikes Peak mountain. To say that Colorado weather is unpredictable is an understatement, so you need to come prepared for anything. The following information is intended to help make your visit as pleasant as possible.
- Dress appropriately for the mountains. Come prepared for any type of weather — rain & thunder storms in the summer, cold and snow in the fall.
- Come as early in the day as is possible, it seems rain showers and other precipitation hit in the afternoons.
- Always wear comfortable shoes as we have a very hilly terrain (we recommend tennis shoes).
- We are a handicap accessible park, but we ask people to keep in mind that we are on the side of a mountain and it is very hilly. It takes a very strong and fit individual to push a wheelchair around the park.
- We rent strollers ($3 for all day).
- We rent wagons ($5 for all day).
- We do NOT rent wheelchairs.
- Pets are not allowed in the park.
- Some cell phone services do not work in our location. Please print or save coupons before you arrive at Santa’s Workshop. You MUST display any coupon to receive a discount.
Call 719-684-9432 before coming if the weather has been bad. Keep in mind we are open weather permitting. Things that could close us down include extreme fog or rain, accumulation of snow, and an extreme drop in temperature. Check the weather page for current conditions.